5 Bookish Resolutions for 2018 + 12 Books I missed in 2017
It’s Tuesday (or it was) and so once again I am tempted away from my backlog of reviews and my looking back at what I read in 2017 to participate. Thank you for the entertaining distractions! And it’s my blog, so I can do whatever I want, right?
Top Ten Tuesday is a longstanding meme now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl (with many thanks to the folks at the Broke and the Bookish who hosted for so many years!)
Here are my resolutions
- Read more backlist
- Do more short reviews, to help me keep up
- Complete the 2018 Diversity Reading Challenge at an Unconventional Librarian
- Read 50 books by author of color and LGBTQ authors
- Be gentle with myself (when I fail at the other resolutions.)
And here are some books I missed. I think I read one or two books that weren’t either eligible for or nominated for my Cybils category from September on. That means my want-to-read list for the second half of 2017 is basically still unread – I just finished Shadowhouse Fall, but all the other teen and adult books and the middle grade books that didn’t get nominated are still on my list. In the meantime, here are some more books I want to read. Just in case I ever feel short on books.
5 Books I missed in 2017
- Dragonfly Song by Wendy Orr
- Weave a Circle Round by Kari Maaren
- All Systems Red by Martha Wells
- Provenance by Ann Leckie
- The Raven Stratagem by Yoon Ha Lee
5 More 2017 Books I’m Currently on Hold for:
- Winter of Ice and Iron by Rachel Neumeier
- The Girl in the Tower by Katherine Arden
- The Cruel Prince by Holly Black
- Buried Heart by Kate Elliott
- Girls Made of Snow and Glass by Melissa Bashardoust
What books are you wanting to read? What are your resolutions, if you make any?