It’s been… about 6 months since I last did a Top 10 Tuesday (hosted by the dedicated folks at the Broke and the Bookish.) Oops. But I ran across Chachic’s, and now I am distracted from all the books I still need to review, and ignoring the piles of books still waiting to be read, to think about books I want to have on my shelf for my own.
Since I have an early December birthday, I usually save any gift cards I get until after the holidays. But this year, I had to order something else, and couldn’t resist adding these two books to the order. These are both books that I’ve already read to myself but want to read aloud with my children. (Question: birthday presents arriving in time for Christmas. Do I wrap for the kids to open and share?)
I’m pretty conservative about books that I want to keep permanently. It has to be a book I’ll want to reread and loan out to friends before it’s worthy of shelf space in my small house. But here are some I’d love to make space for:
- Akata Warrior by Nnedi Okorafor
- All the Crooked Saints by Maggie Stiefvater (audio, please!)
- Buried Heart by Kate Elliott
- Camelot’s Blood by Sarah Zettel – this was on last year’s list, too!
- Miss Ellicott’s School for the Magically Minded by Sage Blackwood
- Shadowhouse Fall by Daniel José Older (audio, please!)
- Winter of Ice and Iron by Rachel Neumeier