We’re halfway through the public nominating phase of the Cybils awards. It makes me very nervous, as the first rush of nominations has slowed down, but there are still so many good books that haven’t yet been nominated. Just looking through the middle grade speculative fiction books that I’ve read this year, many haven’t yet been nominated, and I know there are several I still want to read as well. If you see a book that looks good and isn’t nominated, you can do so even if you haven’t read it yet, just to give it a chance. But especially if you have read and loved one of these books, please do go nominate it!
Here are the books I’ve read that are still waiting to be nominated:
- Black Panther: the Young Prince by Ronald L. Smith
- Bluecrowne by Kate Milford (Now nominated – thank you, Jennifer!)
- The Creature of the Pines. Unicorn Rescue Society #1 by Adam Gidwitz and Hatem Aly. (Now nominated – thank you, Amanda!)
- The Door to the Lost by Jaleigh Johnson
- Dragon Overnight. Upside-Down Magic 4 by Sarah Mlynowski, Lauren Myracle, Emily Jenkins
- A Friendly Town that’s Almost Always by the Ocean by Kir Fox and M. Shelley Coates (Now nominated – thank you Kara!)
- Little Red Rodent Hood by Ursula Vernon
- The Language of Spells by Garret Weyr (now nominated – thank you, Abi!)
- The Lost Books: The Scroll of Kings by Sarah Prineas
- Oddity by Sarah Cannon
- Out of the Wild Night by Blue Balliett
- Voyage of the Dogs by Greg van Eekhout
There are other lists of eligible, not-nominated books over at Charlotte’s Library and Semicolon.
Disclaimer: Note that appearing on this list does not constitute endorsement of the book by me or the Round 1 Committee, or guarantee it moving forward in the process. I just like our longlist to be as long as possible.
I hate this part too. I know that lots of them will be nominated any second now, but the waiting kills me.
Pingback: Creature of the Pines. Unicorn Rescue Society #1 | alibrarymama
Pingback: 2 for Teens: Dread Nation and Tess of the Road | alibrarymama