It’s Tuesday! Posting without pictures in the interests of getting this up.
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by Jana at That Artsy Reader Girl.
Here are the first 12 books I reviewed on my blog, all the way back in February and March of 2004. I started off reviewing multiple books every post, with much shorter reviews, so these were my first four posts.
I started off strong with a trio of fantasy books by authors I’m still a fan of:
- Sunshine by Robin McKinley
- American Gods by Neil Gaiman
- In the Forests of Serre by Patricia McKillip
Then I wanted a baby. I bought and have since given away all of these books:
- How to Have a Baby and Still Live in the Real World by Jane Symons.
- The Expectant Father by Armin Brott
- My Boys Can Swim by Ian Davis
I still think fondly of Pirates! and remember that one of my good friends went to college with Suzan-Lori Parks, though I’ve not read anything else of hers:
I have no memory at all of these first two books. I still dream of reading more of the Elizabeth Peters books, though – I read the first several and enjoyed them lots.
- Alva and Irva, the Twins Who Saved a City by Edward Carey
- Bandbox by Thomas Mallon
- Aunt Dimity’s Death by Nancy Atherton
- Crocodile on the Sandbank by Elizabeth Peters