Once again, the Top 10 Tuesday topic intrigued me enough to make me ignore the pages of notes on books I’ve read waiting to be written up. I’d been putting together a list over the course of a couple weeks. Then I read Brandy’s post, and decided to interpret this as books I would read if I didn’t have my massive pile of library books with their ever-looming due dates. I restructured it into two parts – the first, beloved books for rereading, and the second, books from what amounts to my home TBR pile. Thanks again to Jana at That Artsy Reader Girl for hosting Top Ten Tuesday, and to Shayna @ Clockwork Bibliotheca for coming up with this particular topic.
- Kat, Incorrigible or The Dragon with the Chocolate Heart by Stephanie Burgis
Where the Mountain Meets the Moon series by Grace Lin
- The Merlin Conspiracy by Diana Wynne Jones
- Beauty or Rose Daughter or Chalice by Robin McKinley
- The Scorpio Races or others by Maggie Stiefvater
- Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson
Books I Own and Haven’t Read
- The Agency series by Y.S. Lee – rescued from the library discard pile, though I read the first one when it came out.
- The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl series by Ryan North and Erica Henderson – another series my love frequently gets friends hooked on that I haven’t read myself. Don’t judge me!
- Sevenwaters Series by Juliet Marillier – I rescued these from the library discard shelf and still need to get around to reading them.
- Runaways series by Brian K. Vaughan and Adrian Alphona – my love and son both really enjoy these, but I haven’t yet gotten around to reading them. Yes, it has been over a decade.
- Exit Strategy by Martha Wells. I got this for my son for Christmas, partly so I could read it too, but it’s now vanished into the depths of his room. I may have to borrow it from the library after all. (I also have an older paperback of hers from a friend, but I don’t remember the title.)
What are your rainy day books?